Comic Book Review: Littlest Pet Shop


Littlest Pet Shop



by Georgia Ball, Nico Pena (Illustrations), Antonio Campo (Illustrations)



104 pages

Expected publication: November 18th 2014 by IDW Publishing


 add-to-goodreads-button3

Lets you join Russell, Penny, Blythe, and all of the pets for new adventures based on the hit animated TV series and toy line.




my rating

vanilla-rating-4-stars

my review

I've never watched this TV series, nor do I collect the oh-so-adorable toys (though I've seen them around stores in Romania and was often tempted to pick one up and make my book shelves look cuter). However, I've always been curious as to what this is all about, so when I saw this graphic novel pop up in NetGalley's available titles to read now, I just had to click that button.



Blythe Baxter is a teenage girl working at the Littlest Pet Shop and guess what? She can talk to animals. While this is nowhere near a new concept (Dr. Dolittle anyone?), I found the book to be cute and enjoyable.



It contains a lot of short stories which are quite fun to read, even for those who are unfamiliar to the show (as I am) and it's probably even better for the fans. I think this would be a great way to have your child interested in reading, since comics can give them an appetite for this kind of activities.



In terms of graphics, a little research after reading it shows it is almost identical to the one in the show (a few stories though seem to have been illustrated by another person and have a somewhat different style of drawing).



Now that I got to know what the Littlest Pet Shop is all about, I'm sure to check out the animated series too, since I already am a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Both are developed by Hasbro in case you were not aware.

You Might Also Like

0 comentarii

Comments